Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review - Nightshade

Nightshade
Andrea Cremer
5/5



I absolutely adored this book and couldn't put it down. It was a book I actually stayed up until 5 or 6 in the morning reading, I thought it was so good.

Thestory of Calla, Alpha wolf of the Nightshade pack was so well written that Andrea Cremer has now made my list of favourite authors.

While I totally knew what the “twist” was going to be later on in the book, Cremer made it interesting enough, leading me towards this great reveal that I was completely hooked by it. Good versus evil....which is which?

I love that Calla (our heroine) is not just a silly, ditzy high school kid. She's strong and intuitive and she's written very well. Of course, there's always “the boy” (doesn't there have to be?), which is also an interesting addition to the plot. I don't want to give much away on this one – you should really just read it and decide for yourself.


If you're a fan of werewolves or books akin to Blood and Chocolate, give Nightshade a try. There's a whole series, and I'm only about halfway through the second book in the series – Wolfsbane, but I have so much else to read it keeps getting pushed to the back of my “to read” shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment